Wrap-up of the Orvis Wonderline Review
12:29 PM | Author: Mark
In two previous entries, I've written first about my general impressions of the Orvis Wonderline, then about the feedback I got from the company, so its only right that I should post this third installment: the end result.

After being encouraged by the Orvis customer service reps to seek an exchange for my line, I finally got some time to run out to Ligonier to see what they had to say.  I didnt think to print out my email from Orvis and was worried that they'd ask for some kind of proof.  It turns out my worries were unfounded.

As soon as I went in and explained the problem, the shop owner nodded knowingly, and only had two questions for me: "Weight-forward?" and "Which weight...5?".  After confirming that it was indeed WF5F, he simply grabbed a new spool off the rack and asked for my reel so he could spool it up for me.  Ten minutes later I was headed home with a brand new flyline.

Its rare these days to find such simple, thorough customer service, especially at all levels of a major corporation like Orvis.  That they were helpful above and beyond my expectations says alot.  While some people knock them for any number of reasons, I'll continue to consider them as a viable option for nearly any fly fishing need.
This entry was posted on 12:29 PM and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On May 15, 2009 at 7:07 AM , Larissa said...

Orvis ends your search for all those fly fishing needs.

 
On February 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous said...

^^^

Lol no