Well I got home last night and saw I had an email from Orvis:

Dear Orvis Customer,

Thank you for the review you recently submitted for the Trout Wonderline, item number 94GK. Customer service and your satisfaction are very important to us and we do greatly appreciate your feedback as it does help us continue in ensuring that we meet your expectations.

I am very sorry that the welded loop did not hold up well. I do want to assure you that we will pass all of your comments on to our buyer so they are aware of the problem and will be able to take the appropriate action as soon as possible.

I do want to make sure that you are aware that we completely stand behind our products and have a 100% satisfaction guarantee to ensure that you can always buy from us with confidence. You are more than welcome to return this to us for a refund or exchange. If you wish to return this to us, please reply with your full name and billing address and I will gladly provide you with further instructions and can even mail you a pre-paid UPS return label if you would like.

If it would be more convenient for you to return the line to a local Orvis Retail store, you would also be welcome to do that and would only need to present the item and a proof of purchase (such as your order confirmation or packing slip).

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you,
Megan Sanders
Orvis Customer Service
I'm pleasantly surprised by this response to the review I left on the Orvis website.  It's been suggested to me (by other fishermen) that I take my flyline back to try and get a replacement, and while I feel the line eye did wear out prematurely, I haven't been dissatisfied enough with the product, in my opinion, to warrant going back to the dealer and seeking compensation.  When the company itself sends me an encouragement to go back and take advantage of the service they pride themselves on, well that bumps them up a notch in my opinion.

Its only fair that if I'm going to review a piece of gear, that I also give you updates on anything that might change my feelings on doing business with a company, so I wanted to share this.  If you have problems like mine with the Wonderline, clearly Orvis will do what it takes to make you happy.

...maybe I can get my replacement in olive...

This entry was posted on 7:25 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On April 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM , MikeG said...

That's pretty cool they responded in that way, and quickly, too. Good service is getting harder to find these days.

-MikeG

 
On April 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM , Mark said...

Thanks for the comment, Mike. I sent an email to their general cutomer service address telling them how impressed I was and had a reply to THAT within an hour. Its also nice to see that the emails are actually typed by human beings, instead of form letters filled out by a robot.

-Mark